We already know that former Season 15 Bravo's Top Chef Cheftestant Chris Scott is an expert on all things tailgating and food parties. Though he didn't win his season, how could we forget that the football lover got to go to the 2018 Super Bowl because of his winning tailgate competition dish?
Luckily for us, Chris is using his Top Chef expertise to give us a taste of how we can all become game day champions in our own kitchens in Bravo's Top Chef Touchdown series. We already got to see his recipe for Hot Chicken Nachos, and now he's back with another delicious twist on a fan favorite: mac and cheese.
But don't be fooled — Chris' cheesy recipe is way better than the boxed mac and cheese that's sitting in the back of your kitchen cabinet. His Baked Ranchero Mac & Cheese takes the classic dish to the next level. Your friends will be begging you to bring it to every tailgate party for the rest of the season!
Chris' mac and cheese has more than just a creamy, cheesy base that we all love: This dish is special because of its cripsy crunch and hint of lime flavor, all thanks to TOSTITOS® Original Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips. Not only will you get a slight crunch with TOSTITOS® Original Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips mixed into the cheese sauce, replacing the breadcrumb topping with crumbled TOSTITOS® Hint of Lime Flavored Tortilla Chips will give a zesty lime flavor that perfectly complements the fresh tomatoes and spicy jalapeños on top. Is your mouth watering yet?
Watch the video above to see just how Chris perfects the dish, and check out the recipe below so you, too, can kick your game day menu up a notch.
Baked Ranchero Mac & Cheese
- TOSTITOS® Original Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- TOSTITOS® Hint of Lime Flavored Tortilla Chips
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Cooked pasta
- Ground beef
- Cherry tomatoes (roasted whole)
- Ground cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- Green chilis (roasted and diced)
- Garlic powder
- In pre-heated pan, brown ground beef, season with salt and pepper. Drain from fat and set aside.
- In separate sauce pan, melt butter and add flour - whisk flour and butter until well incorporated.
- Add milk, garlic powder, cumin and whisk over medium heat until thickened.
- Add ground beef and shredded cheese and stir until melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta, crumbled TOSTITOS® Original Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips, green chilis, tomatoes and mix.
- Pour entire mixture into a casserole pan, top with more cheese, TOSTITOS® Hint of Lime Flavored Tortilla Chips and chopped herbs and bake until golden and enjoy!
The Feast is Bravo’s digital destination serving culinary inspiration and essential food news. Like us on Facebook and visit daily for diet and wellness trends, kitchen hacks and tools — and the buzziest celebrity, chef, and restaurant happenings you need to know about right now.