Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor was born in mid-May to proud parents Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry, and the word on the royal street is that he's going to be christened this coming weekend!
Reports are looking at July 6 as the official day, and while some are conflicting as far as where it will take place, it's certain it will be in a private chapel and not a public one. The couple is expected to keep some royal traditions and change others. Here's what we know:
1. Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan will proudly witness Archie when he's baptized with holy water from the River Jordan using the same traditional royal ceremony that others have done before them, performed by Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby, who baptized the Duchess.
2. Archie will likely wear a replica of the dress that Queen Victoria commissioned for her first-born child in the mid-1800s. That gown was worn by more than 60 royal babies until it was retired in 1994 — this replica was also worn by George, Charlotte, and Louis.
3. Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan chose July, the same month that Prince William's children Charlotte and Louis were christened, for Archie's big day.
1. Though they were expected to hold the christening at St George's Chapel (where Prince Harry was baptized in 1984 and where he married Duchess Meghan in May), there are conflicting reports whether it will actually be held in a private chapel on St. George's grounds or in a private chapel located at Windsor Castle.
2. Prince William and Duchess Kate allowed photos of their kids from their christenings to be made public, but don't expect the same access to Archie. He's going to be press shy, it seems.
3. The Queen has a busy social calendar that already had a July 6 obligation on it, so she won't be there. It happens to her sometimes, though: She's got a lot of grandchildren and great-grandchildren! She missed Prince Louis' christening last year, for example. Archie's day is expected to be intimate, with about 25 guests.
Meanwhile, rumors are swirling as to who the potential godparents could be — names thrown out there include famous ones like George Clooney, Serena Williams, and Princess Eugenie. We should learn a lot more this weekend!
Personal Space is Bravo's home for all things "relationships," from romance to friendships to family to co-workers. Ready for a commitment? Then Like us on Facebook to stay connected to our daily updates.