Brazilian Seafood Moqueca
Recipe Courtesy of R House
Yield 8 servings
Olive oil for sautéing
40 ea 21/25 tiger shrimp peeled and deveined, tail on
24 ea u10/20 scallops
3 tablespoons chopped ginger
3 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 ea medium red onions sliced
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 ea red pepper, green pepper, orange or yellow pepper, julienne
2 tablespoons chopped chives
2T chopped cilantro
2T chopped parsley
8 cups coconut milk
8 ea roma tomatoes, sliced into thin rings
3 T Dende oil (Brazilian palm oil)
Salt and Pepper
1. Season seafood with salt and pepper.
2. Add olive oil to hot pan and sear both sides of scallops and shrimp, but don't cook all the way through.
3. In a separate large high sided pan, sauté ginger, garlic and onions.
4. Season to taste.
5. Add lime juice, peppers, coconut milk, and herbs.
6. Let simmer for 5 minutes and add tomatoes, let simmer another five minutes and add dende oil.
7. Add seared seafood to coconut mixture and simmer a final 5 minutes.
8. Taste for final seasoning.
9. Serve in bowls, garnish with a whole leaf of cilantro and a roasted slice of tomato.